top_image

<  The Path - discussion  ~  New website and teaser trailer

ionicwings
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:33 am Reply with quote
Nice! I love the look and feel! It feels a bit like "A Tale of Two Sisters" and that's really awesome! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellotillgoodbye
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:04 am Reply with quote
Michael wrote:
Yes, initially it will be distributed digitally, via the internet. Later perhaps on a CD in a box, via retail shops. That's not so hard but financially not so interesting for us because the publishers, retailers and distributors take a very big cut of the revenue. Which means we would need to sell a lot more copies, which means we would have to make a more commercial product.
Online we can get 50-50 deals from distributors. And if you buy it from our own website directly, all the money goes to us. And via us into our other projects, The Endless Forest, etc.

Hi Michael!

I'm new here, but I had a couple of questions regarding your lovely game (well, more like an experience). Smile

First, do you know what the rating for "The Path" might end up being? Is there going to be nudity, sexual themes, or lots of gore in it? Just curious.... Smile

Second, if/when "The Path" is released in shops, would it be released in the United States too, or exclusive to Europe?

Thanks!
Michael
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Hellotillgoodbye wrote:
First, do you know what the rating for "The Path" might end up being? Is there going to be nudity, sexual themes, or lots of gore in it? Just curious.... Smile

There's not going to be graphic sex, violence or gore in The Path. So the game will probably easily get a 3+ rating. We ourselves, however, don't think it will be suitable for children at all. Because of the complexity of the content more so even than because it is scary.

Hellotillgoodbye wrote:
Second, if/when "The Path" is released in shops, would it be released in the United States too, or exclusive to Europe?

I'm sure we'll find a publisher who wants to release it in the United States. We think there's a lot of people there who would enjoy The Path.
Solus
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:08 am Reply with quote
Michael wrote:

There's not going to be graphic sex, violence or gore in The Path. So the game will probably easily get a 3+ rating. We ourselves, however, don't think it will be suitable for children at all. Because of the complexity of the content more so even than because it is scary.

Oh cool. I'm looking forward to this one. The game stills looks gorgeous. I like creepy themes, but not graphic violence, etc... (I was hoping there was no 'Red the cannibal' gore in this... since it was mentioned earlier- yikes). Shocked