top_image

<  Design concepts  ~  What's your favourite gaming platform?

What's your favourite gaming platform?

Wii  
21%
  [ 4 ]  21%

Gamecube  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

DS  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Gameboy (any incarnation of)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

PS3  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

PS2  
15%
  [ 3 ]  15%

PS1  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

PSP  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

XBox  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

XBox 360  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

PC: Vista  
10%
  [ 2 ]  10%

PC: XP  
42%
  [ 8 ]  42%

PC: Other Windows  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 19
Wildbluesun
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:27 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
...And why. Also, post any auxiliaries down below.

My favourite's my baby Snickerdoodle; that's my Alienware's name (running XP). I love PC gaming; I like being able to flick between games really, really quickly. In addition, if I get stuck, I'm close to resources; tutorials, walkthroughs, etc (I use walkthroughs because I see no point in being endlessly frustrated in a good game; if I can't solve a puzzle within half an hour, I'll use a walkthrough and continue with the plot). And most indie games (as far as I can see) are on the PC; Iloveindiegames.

I also own (well, my brother owns) a Wii, and someone gave me a PS2 ages and ages ago. I've also got a DS (Lite), Gameboy colour (it's ANCIENT; the battery pack WOBBLES), and Gameboy SP hanging around somewhere, but I don't play them that much. None of the games I've got for them hold much interest for me anymore.

(If your favourite platform is something I haven't mentioned, tell me and I'll add it. I think I've got all the major consoles from the last decade or so...)

(This is in the wrong forum because I'm not sure if there's a right forum. =/)

(And witness the miasma of abbreviations that is the poll!)
path to home
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:34 am Reply with quote
I also love my PC, It's built for power and gaming. However, I have to go with my Wii for my favorite. you see, my PC *as does yours as its alien ware* Is by far more powerful then any gaming console out on the market today. thats why i don't have a 360 or PS3. frankly, any game thats good on those systems will eventually come out on the PC so I will be able to play it with higher quality.

But my Wii does something my computer cannot. Its fully motion censored controls take me deeper into any game I have been in otherwise. Playing red steel, I was out of my seat dodging bullets and jumping behind my chair like I was actually in the game. This is something that would surely get me killed in any other console game.

The wii wins just because of how it can take even a simple game, and make it revolve completely around you.

my PC for second as the sheer gaming power it possess is scary. Razz
Blackfeathr
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:47 am Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Posts: 949 Location: In the box under your stairs...
I am not priveledged enough with the funds to own a ps3/Xbox/Wii/alienware computer... so I make do with what I have.

I play on a vista platform on a ruddy little laptop D:

One day I HOPE to get a Wii. One day. I am also hoping to get anything alienware. I loves me some MMORPGs and some First person shooters. <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LK
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:22 am Reply with quote
PC and Xbox 360 just because. I used to be a fan of PS2, but I only ever played two games on it (Sims and GTA: Vice City) soooooo yeah. I hardly remember it anymore because it doesn't work.

Xbox 360 is just oretty and shiny and GREAT graphics and aahh I love playing with their controllers, so easy to get used to. Razz And PCs because they're PCs. I love playing games on my widescreen monitor!

I bet Wii would be up on my list too if I actually HAD it and actually played with it heh.
Michael
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
As hardware, my favourite would be the Gamecube. I really like the design of the console and the controller. But I have to vote PS2 because that's the console where I spent most time deeply enjoying games (Ico and Silent Hill versus Animal Crossing and Soul Calibur). I find the PC an attractive platform but I have only played one game on PC that I really enjoyed (Black & White; and Ceremony of Innocence which I think I played on a Mac, ages ago).
Blackfeathr
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Posts: 949 Location: In the box under your stairs...
Michael wrote:
As hardware, my favourite would be the Gamecube. I really like the design of the console and the controller. But I have to vote PS2 because that's the console where I spent most time deeply enjoying games (Ico and Silent Hill versus Animal Crossing and Soul Calibur). I find the PC an attractive platform but I have only played one game on PC that I really enjoyed (Black & White; and Ceremony of Innocence which I think I played on a Mac, ages ago).

Wow Laughing I thought I was the only person who played Soul Calibur and/or still owns a Gamecube. 8D

Well, its an all right platform, I got it as a gift, lawl I couldnt afford it when it came out. But you know, for someone like me who doesn't game seriously, its pretty good. :3

The only games I had really been trying to beat was Soul Calibur, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Tarzan Untamed, and the Sims 2. XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wildbluesun
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
path to home wrote:
The wii wins just because of how it can take even a simple game, and make it revolve completely around you.

I think I'd prefer the Wii if I enjoyed shooters. Which I don't; killing pixels with pixels is dull, unsatisfying, scary (at times), and, with some games, rather distasteful. But, y'know, I don't. And I find the PC's controls much easier to manage, too.

And yeah, gaming PCs are awesome. Just amazing.
Verdalas
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
PC with XP.

I grew up always wanting a games console, and I was never given one. So in the end, I learnt the power of getting demos, using the internet for fun, and so forth, with my computer. Later when I got a PS2, I hardly spent any time on it unless I was playing Kingdom Hearts.

Despite my PC being old and quite usless in the game department, I'd still prefer it over any gaming system because it can have the hardware updated whenever I like.
Adagio
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm basically on my computer 24-7 (I really need to get out more XP), so it's PC for me. Unfortunately, it has to be Vista, as well. Laughing
But it's not that bad. Despite how my laptop has what can be considered to be a low-end graphics card, a few games have been able to run pretty smooth. It doesn't carry the best graphics, but considering how I can't seem to afford anything better at the moment, it's an OK video card.
Hetrin
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
My PC (running Windows XP). It's all I have and can afford. Consoles are too fricken' expensive.