top_image

<  Design concepts  ~  Dragon MMORPG and the concept of exploring

Alex H
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
If you're new to programming, don't start with an MMORPG. Online games are super-complicated to code and design. Hosting presents a problem in itself.
If you need any suggestions for free/cheap game engines, let me know. I myself use Game Maker, its beginner friendly and has a very easy programming language (or drag and drop icons if you really want to...), and its only 20 bucks for the full version. Sadly, it has only basic multiplayer and 3D functionality, but its still a good place to start.
Ymedron
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:39 am Reply with quote
Well, I've been messing around with RPGmaker 2003...

To me, this has always been a polished suggestion I could make to a company and hope for the best. Razz
Alex H
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Ymedron wrote:
Well, I've been messing around with RPGmaker 2003...

To me, this has always been a polished suggestion I could make to a company and hope for the best. Razz

I've never heard of a story in which that worked. If you were a game developer, what would you do: experiment with your own ideas, or fulfill someone elses just because they asked?
Ymedron
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, if I gave it to a game developer.
I mean that if I suggest it to some big company like bethesda, or get employed to make games, THEN I would make the suggestion.

But no, I wouldn't just as a customer and as an outsider do the suggestion, since
1. They wouldn't do it, and even if they wanted, I guess there would be some lawstuff and all that...
2. Well, the idea would be raped if I didn't get any say in what they were going to do.

But, I dunno. Maybe it'll never see the light of the day. Maybe in the future when people who grow others' children don't rip off their heads when they see dragons portrayed as "good."

I guess that's the main reason why there isn't a MMO with dragons in the main role. (Other than Horizons, but they are only one race and have been done strangely, so...)
Zinkers
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Yay I made everyone remember Very Happy
I could come up with some ideas if you need help, but thats about all I can do. I could try to make a banner for the game.