top_image

<  Design concepts  ~  I was just thinking..

C.A.S.M
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Ive been thinking and thinking of a interesting game, its a idea that Ive been building on over the last year and such. Im young, like really young -.- So excuse me for anything ^-^ And if you steal my idea...Ill hurt you >.> I seriously will.
And PLEASE comment, I NEED help with this. Even though it will probably not come a game, I want to finish this idea

Mmmk, now that thats done...*Sigh* This might be a long thread. OKAY! Lets start:
First off, I was thinking of having it as a real like WolfQuest, spiritual like TEF, and like a MMORG. If those 3 even combine together well, this is what I want to know. The animals you play will be a short list of different kinds of: Wolves, Foxes, Birds, Deer, Wildcats, and Bears. All the animals/types will only be the animals that live in forests. No Tigers, no Lions, no Desert Foxes, and certainly no bright pink winged animals :3
The game is supposed to be real like, but you still have almost complete control on your character creation..n..Ill get to that later.

I was imagining the game having a real-like design for the characters and scenery, but still cute enough for girls. And myself ^-^. Anywho, the game will be real-looking but there is things, like scenery and accessories from Indian stories. The animals will be smart! Also, the real part of the game includes having babies. BABIES ARE CUTE. Yes...And it also includes getting a mate, having a den or barrow *Borrow?*, and possibly for Wolves a pack. <-----I NEED help for this please Dx
---
The MMORG part of the game includes monsters. But these arent stupied things...They are dark shadows, they have no figure, they just are dark scary things. I was also thinking that they will have red or yellow eyes peaking through their black color. I need to get the whole level system thought up...Ugh....And I need help to decide whether it will even have a MMORG side. I wanted to add this because I dont want the game to get boring so fast..
---
Multi-player....Ugh...If this ever does get turned into a game, which I doubt, there will be One-player and Multiplayer. Except the Multiplayer wont be a rip-off of the One-player! In One-player you have more of a serious gameplay...You will need to be more cunning to be able to take care of your family.
In the Multiplayer I think having one of your friends or another player as your mate would be nice, having babies is still a option too. The gameplay might be less serious since you have a friend to joke around with, plus another real person might be a tad bit helpful/unhelpful then the computer controlled mate. Also, you of course play with everyone else...Which does make it harder to get food, but it makes it safer with running into Shadows. OH! And the multi-player will not be like WolfQuest, it will be everyone. But there will be 2 servers :3
---
Character customization...Will be good Laughing Hopefully, I sound like this is going to be a real but its the only way I can really describe it >.<
Anyway, the customization will be both wide and short, and every animal no matter what will have a feather by their right ear. You can pick the type of feather and color though. The creating will include:
Picking markings and color, different bases and color
Body types and such
A small face customization
Animal type
Eye color
And of course the feather type and color
All the colors will be most natural. Except, if you want a green animal...It will be light grass green, if you want a pink animal...It will be a light flower pink/peach, if you want a blue animal it will be a watery blue or a light sky blue. The eye color will only include natural eye colors though.
---
Okay! Last paragraph thingy ^-^ For anything I forgot..
- Wildcats include: Linx, Cougar, and Mountain Lion *I like Cougar and ML are the same..*
- Birds include: Crow, Raven, Eagle, Bluebird, and Robins
- Canines include: Wolf, Fox, and Coyote
- Bears include: Black Bear, Grizzly, and Sun Bear....<---If they live in the forest
- Deers include: White-tail deer...Thats it

Ill probably post another long...Post...Describing landscape and scenery.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
I VOTE REMOVING WOLVES (and possibly coyotes) FROM YOUR LIST OF ANIMALS.

Why? Because then there'll be 24793235 wolves and 38 other animals. Wolf-lovers have WolfQuest and Wolf on DOSBox.
C.A.S.M
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:50 am Reply with quote
Well....Thats true but the cute Wolfies DConfused
I was thinking over everything at lunch and I forgot to mention a lot, things Ill mention later but one Ill mention now:
You can have 4 characters....So...Yeah...Plus I'd rather be a fox then a Wolf Laughing
Mayar
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Jul 2008 Posts: 1042 Location: On the Forum, adding his Mustard to anything in his interest (no art or anything that may offend me)
Wolves!

YEY, I wouldlike to have a pet wolf
Kaicow
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Mayar wrote:
Wolves!

YEY, I wouldlike to have a pet wolf

You and 85% of the Internet, my sweet. |D

They've just been done into the ground. I vote having a playable cuttlefish.
Trinket
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Kaicow wrote:
I vote having a playable cuttlefish.

Yay. c:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wildbluesun
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote
Kaicow wrote:
[You and 85% of the Internet, my sweet. |D

They've just been done into the ground.

TANGENTIAL RANT -

I KNOW. It's so irritating. I LOVED wolves from way back when I was eight or nine, before I stopped asking my parents for permission to use the internet (I used to ask them before booting up...man, how times change). I got into wolves...I don't know how. D= I think I read a book about canine body language or something.

And I used to write stories and read MILLIONS of books and watch documentaries and a while back I went to a centre to see some...

And the WHOLE ENTIRE INTERNET also likes them, which means I feel typical, and I liked them before the internet and I've never watched Wolf's Rain and my love of them has always been primarily intellectual. It's so irritating.

Incidentally, a wolf would be a terrible terrible pet. At least for me.
Kaicow
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote
Wildbluesun wrote:

For anyone, I would think, unless you had a lot of experience in handling wild animals. Its hard enough for me to control my Yorkie mix on a leash and she doesn't even reach my knee. ._.
C.A.S.M
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:19 am Reply with quote
>.< I dont mean to interfer but this thread is about my game idea and the discussion about it...
I dont think a game would be a forest game without Wolves. Wolves are often used in Indian stories and folktales, thats why I wanted to put them in it. And if 85% of the 'players' pick Wolves then its their loss c: Even though that I like Wolves.
Liëka
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
And also, the internet may be wolf crazy, but there still isn't a realistic wolf virtual-world-generic-game anywhere. *shrugs* I'd support that. Seriously, WQ is the only one out there, and we know what that's like.
*disappears again*
Wildbluesun
Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Kaicow wrote:
Wildbluesun wrote:

For anyone, I would think, unless you had a lot of experience in handling wild animals. Its hard enough for me to control my Yorkie mix on a leash and she doesn't even reach my knee. ._.

Hells yeah.

OK, back on topic...

I didn't mention this at the time, but dark creepy shadow-monsters would be EPIC. Seriously. Too many games think that number of spikes correlates to level of scare.
Fayne
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:23 am Reply with quote
Joined: 21 Mar 2008 Posts: 1428 Location: The Shadow Gallery
Kaicow wrote:
Wildbluesun wrote:

Haha, actually, there's a woman who owns a wolf and a German Shepherd in my neighborhood. And three mized puppies. And they behave wonderfully. :D

-shuts up-

This does seem like a wonderful idea, m'dear! :D I'd love a realistic sort of game like this.
Verdalas
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I would rant about the wolves. but I won't.

Would there be an eco-system with predator hunting prey or something? I wouldn't mind running around as a deer or some other herbivore and being chased by a predator. It would sort of be like PvP in a way, but maybe it could be based more on chance or something to make it more fair.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
I'd like a game that accurately simulated the trials and tribulations of natural life.

Everyone would hate playing it, but it might get through to people just how hard existing is anyway, even without people fudging up the environment.

Fayne wrote:
Haha, actually, there's a woman who owns a wolf and a German Shepherd in my neighborhood. And three mized puppies. And they behave wonderfully. Very Happy

It's not a wolf if she treats it like a dog. No wolf could exist as a dog.

In the States there's lots of people out there saying that a wolf-like dog is a wolf and selling it for TONS, or saying an animal's half wolf when it's really 1/8 wolf, or something.

I've met real wolves...god they're jumpy. They go around marking their territory so us people don't intrude on it, and alwaysalwaysalways keep an escape route open.
Mayar
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Jul 2008 Posts: 1042 Location: On the Forum, adding his Mustard to anything in his interest (no art or anything that may offend me)
I like wolves... they are like dogs, just... better...

I´d like to raise one up... almost like a dog, just better...

R: Do you have a Huskie
M: No, it´s a wolf
R: Runs away in Panic...