top_image

<  Demo and feedback  ~  A few works

Jenovation
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently working on a portfolio website with all my work in the field of animation film, 2D concept art, 3D modelling and texturing and music composition

I've got a temporary website up with some of my concept art paintings, please take your time to check out a few works and I'll be posting a new link when the full site is up. Oh, and be sure to zoom for full res!

Any comments are welcome! Smile

http://www.jonasdero.daportfolio.com
Tae
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I looked at your artwork and it's amazing! i love your style. I particulary like The Great Tree and Sintra Street View, and The Celestials would make an awesome background.
Emriss
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I love the way you draw human faces: exaggerated features that blend wonderfully with the rest of your style.

And Dubai Ruins and The Celestials...there is no word I can think of that describes them better than 'epic'. Though I think my personal favorite is sanctuary...it does give off a feeling that suits it's title, and genius work on the water.
liza09
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow. You have great works. Continue doing that.

Regards,
Liza
Pret travaux
Blueteardrop
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:29 am Reply with quote
Wow your works are amazing!
I love your landscape pieces, The Celestials & The Great Tree.. you drown in them.
So much attention to details. Keep up the good work! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chainsawkitten
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:43 am Reply with quote
Love The Great Tree.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Michael
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Your environment work is superb, Jenovation!
Jenovation
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
Hey thx for the feedback everyone. I haven't had the time to check since I've been travelling the last month.

I'm currently looking for work as a game designer. Concept art, lighting, texture artist, animator, etc...
Please don't hesitate to contact me if interested in freelance work or
any other information such as CV, etc...

I'm located in Gent Belgium.
+32484112725

And thx again for the nice comments, I'm working to get better! ^_^
Lumino
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:47 am Reply with quote
I, too, really like your style. The mix of cartoony surrealism and delicate textures is very impressive. Technically, you are really good, especially with lighting. You've also shown a pretty good ability to imply motion, though some of the images are stagnant.

I think you can improve your work by implying more about your subject matter. Take your "Sintra Street View" for example. What do I like about it? The shadows are cool. I can feel that catwalk/bridge sagging under its own weight. The scene looks technologically advanced, yet old, unkempt. Technically, my only complaint would be about the sky, which feels a little out of place. Other than that, I think it's really really well executed.

But what are you trying to say with this piece? You've created a city, but no people. I know it's not abandoned, because it isn't in a state of disrepair, and yet the city feels unpopulated. Are you familiar with the work of Edward Hopper? Take a look at his "Early Sunday Morning". Initially, he had painted figures in the windows, but painted over them deciding that the laundry, shades drawn up and down, etc., implied the people, that it wasn't necessary to actually draw them in.

Notice how alive the street feels? I know for a fact that people live in that building. I can't say quite the same for Sintra Street.

I love your technique and your style--you've created some really beautiful images. Try to make them more alive by thinking about what it is you want to say.

Good luck and GREAT work! Much, much, much better than I could ever do.

Alex
shojakka
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Nov 2009 Posts: 148 Location: RI, USA (teehee, acronyms)
i want to take a vacation in your landscapes, they're so AWESOME
Stuart
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Beautiful stuff.

I especially like Dubai Ruins. I spend a lot of time trying to visualise similar scenes and I spent too much of my youth wandering around ancient Greek ruins trying to imagine the reverse. Great to see someone realise that vision - something I don't have to skill to do.